50 States of the USA. These are the 50 states of the United States of America, making the 327 million population and US$19 trillion GDP of the USA.
1. The Largest States. Alaska, with a total area of 1,723,337km2, of which 245,384 km2 (14%) is the total area of water bodies (rivers, lakes) in Alaska. Next largest state is Texas at 695,662km2 of which 2.7% are water areas and California at 423,967km2 with 4.8% of water areas.
2. The Most Populated States. California, with a population of 39,536,653. Followed by Texas, the Lone Star State, with a population of 28,304,596 and Sunshine State, Florida with 20,984,400 people.
3. States with the Highest GDP. California with a GDP of US$2.746 trillion or 14.1% of USA GDP, followed by Texas with a GDP of US$1.69 trillion (8.6% of national GDP) and New York with US$1.547 GDP at 8.1% of national GDP.
4. States with the Most Representatives. California has 53 representatives in the House of Representatives, followed by Texas (36 reps) followed by New York (27 reps) and Florida (27 reps).
5. The Earliest States. The trio of states, Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, are all established in 1787 - the earliest states. Delaware was established 7 Dec 1787, followed by Pennsylvania (12 Dec 1787) and New Jersey (18 Dec 1787).
6. The Most Recent States. Hawaii is the most recently established state on 21 Aug 1959, followed by Alaska (3 Jan 1959), Arizona (14 Feb 1912) and New Mexico (6 Jan 1912).