Largest Banks in Japan by Assets
Dataset contains 8 data items (see table below).
Top Japanese banks. Japan has eight of the largest banks in the world, holding US$10.534 trillion in assets.
Compare Japan's largest bank MUFJ with Banco Santander, largest bank of Spain
Dataset Rank & segment full dataset here
Largest Banks of Japan
1. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group. The Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group is a Japanese bank holding / financial services company headquartered in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. It is the largest bank in Japan and the fifth largest in the world by total assets (US$2.78 trillion).
Compare MUFJ with Japan Post Bank
2. Japan Post Bank. The Japan Post Bank is a Japanese bank headquartered in Tokyo and is part of the Japan Post Holdings group It is Japan's second largest bank and 12th largest in the world with US$1.874 trillion in assets.
3. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group. The Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group is the third largest bank in Japan and seventh largest in Asia by assets (US$1.775 trillion).
Compare Japan Post Bank with Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group
4. Mizuho Financial Group. The Mizuho Financial Group or Mizuho in short is a banking holding company based in the Ōtemachi district of Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. It holds assets worth US$1.715 trillion and is ranked 17th largest bank globally.
5. Norinchukin Bank. Norinchukin Bank or Nochu Bank is a Japanese cooperative bank serving over 5,612 agricultural, fishing and forestry cooperatives from its headquarters in Tokyo. It manages more than US$1 trillion in assets and is the fifth largest bank in Japan by total assets.
Compare Mizuho Financial Group with Norinchukin Bank
In 2018, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group is the 5th largest bank by total assets in the world.
Find out more about the world's largest banks by total assets :
1. The largest banks in the world
2. ICBC & the largest banks in Asia.
3. HSBC Holdings & the largest banks in Europe
4. ICBC & the largest banks of China
5. MUFJ & the largest banks of Japan