Top Japanese banks. Japan has eight of the largest banks in the world, holding US$10.534 trillion in assets.
Largest Banks of Japan
1. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group. The Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group is a Japanese bank holding / financial services company headquartered in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. It is the largest bank in Japan and the fifth largest in the world by total assets (US$2.78 trillion).
2. Japan Post Bank. The Japan Post Bank is a Japanese bank headquartered in Tokyo and is part of the Japan Post Holdings group It is Japan's second largest bank and 12th largest in the world with US$1.874 trillion in assets.
3. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group. The Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group is the third largest bank in Japan and seventh largest in Asia by assets (US$1.775 trillion).
4. Mizuho Financial Group. The Mizuho Financial Group or Mizuho in short is a banking holding company based in the Ōtemachi district of Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. It holds assets worth US$1.715 trillion and is ranked 17th largest bank globally.
5. Norinchukin Bank. Norinchukin Bank or Nochu Bank is a Japanese cooperative bank serving over 5,612 agricultural, fishing and forestry cooperatives from its headquarters in Tokyo. It manages more than US$1 trillion in assets and is the fifth largest bank in Japan by total assets.
In 2018, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group is the 5th largest bank by total assets in the world.
Find out more about the world's largest banks by total assets :