Asian Countries with Most Top Banks.
China had the most number of top banks in Asia (eighteen in total), holding close to US$23.76 trillion in assets, followed by Japan whose eight banks hold US$10.534 trillion in assets. At third, is South Korea with six banks holding close to US$2 trillion in assets, followed by Singapore with three banks holding US$996 billion in assets.
Top Asian Banks
1. Industrial and Commercial Bank of China. Holding a total asset size of more than US$4 trillion, the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) is the largest bank and financial institution in the world/Asia by total assets, deposits, loans, number of customers and number of employees.
2. China Construction Bank Corporation. Founded on 1 October 1954 and based in Xicheng District, Beijing, the China Construction Bank Corporation comes in as the second largest bank in the world/Asia with US$3.4 trillion in assets.
3. Agricultural Bank of China. The Agricultural Bank of China or ABC is founded in 1951 and headquartered in Dongcheng District, Beijing. It holds around US$3.23 trillion in assets and is ranked as the 3rd largest bank by total assets in the world/Asia.
4. Bank of China. One of the earliest banks in China, Bank of China or BOC's history began in 1905 as Daqing Hubu Bank before officially renamed as the Bank of China in 1912 as the Republic of China was established. Bank of China manages close to US$2.99 trillion in assets and is the fourth largest bank in the world/Asia by total assets.
5. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group. The Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group is a Japanese bank holding / financial services company headquartered in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. It is the largest bank in Japan and the fifth largest in the world/Asia by total assets (US$2.78 trillion).In 2018, the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) is the largest bank and financial institution in the world/Asia by total assets. Find out more about the rest of the world's largest banks by total assets here.
Find out more about the world's largest banks by total assets: