Finally, we have compiled most of the K-Pop boy band idols (about 342 artistes) we know in one single database, thanks to the information provided from the various website sources (see our attribution below).
These are our findings with our table data following after that - yes, we are K-pop trivia junkies :
1. Age. The idol artistes in this boy band list range from 15 years of age (Taekhyeon and Sungwon from 1THE9) to 35 years of age (some of our dear Oppas from Super Junior).
2. Blood Type. In this boy band list, there are 108 artistes with blood type A, 85 artistes with blood type B, 84 artistes with blood type O and 26 artistes with blood type AB. While we cannot conclude which blood type produces the most idols in reality, this sample indicates that AB is the least common 'idol' blood type.
3. Height. The average male idol's height is 177.5 cm, with heights ranging from 165 cm to 192 cm (Rowoon of SF9 - very tall!)
4. Weight. The average male idol's weight is 61.5 kg, with weights ranging from 51 kg (very light!!) to 90 kg.
5. Countries. Most male idols hail naturally from South Korea. There is a good mix of artistes from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and as far as Thailand, or even farther from the U.S. and Canada.
6. Zodiac. The Zodiac signs with the most male idols are Capricorn (35 artistes) and Pisces (34 artistes). The Zodiac sign with the least male idols is Cancer (20 artistes). Wonder if this is true of the overall K-pop industry ?
7. Birth Months. Most male idol babies are born in the earlier months - January (39 artistes) and March (39artistes). June and July has the least number of idol babies at 20 and 21 respectively.
Feel free to share this data with any fellow fans - this was a handy guide for us to quick-check the information of any of our idols.