Eunbi: 2020 Compilation/Analysis of 1,903 K-Pop Idols (Page 3)
By  eunbi98Updated   views

  Overview

Findings #19-28 - In this last page of our 1,903-idol compilation report, we dwell into our idols' BMIs, blood types and countries of origin. You may also wish to re-visit the previous page, covering Findings #9-18 (Birthdays and Weights).

 


Part 5: Let's dwell a little into the health of our K-Pop idols. A little worrying..

We will use W.H.O. (World Health Organization) 's body mass index (BMI) classification as a yardstick. BMI is calculated as weight / height2 (kg/m2).

 

 

 

19

Most (91.2%) of the female K-Pop idols are underweight, of which 9.2% are considered severely underweight! 

There are literally no overweight female K-Pop idols. Only 8.8% are considered to be in the normal BMI category (based on a BMI value of 18.5 to 25 kg/m2). A staggering (!) 91.2% of our female K-Pop idols are underweight (BMI value less than 18.5), of which 8% are severely underweight (BMI of 15 to 16) and 1.2% are very severely underweight (BMI of 15 or less).

 

 

20

On the other hand, the better news is that 75% of male K-Pop idols are considered to be in the normal BMI category.

 

However still, 25% of male K-Pop idols are considered underweight (BMI value less than 18.5) and only 2 K-pop idols are considered slightly overweight (BMI of 25 to 30). Thus, the remaining 75% are considered to be in the normal BMI category.

 

 

21

The average BMI value of a male K-Pop idol is 19.4 (normal category).

 

The BMI values of male K-Pop idols range from 15.26 (severely underweight) to 28.41 (slightly overweight).

 

 

22

The average BMI value of a female K-Pop idol is 17.16 (underweight category).

 

The BMI values of female K-Pop idols range from 14.19 (VERY severely underweight) to 21.34 (normal).


  Interactive Table

Preparing data

  More..


Part 6: It's in their blood.

 

23

The most common blood type is A.

 

The most common blood type among K-Pop idols is blood type A (35%). When accounted for male and female idols separately, the percentage is similar: 35% for male idols and 34% for female idols.

 

 

24

The least common blood type is AB.

 

The least common blood type among K-Pop idols is blood type AB (12%), which is the same percentage for male and female idols when accounted separately.

 

 

25

Our 1,903 K-Pop idols' blood type distribution mirrors that of South Korea's 50 million population.

 

For our 1,903 K-Pop idols, 35% of the idols have blood type A, 27% for blood type O, 26% for blood type B and 12% for type AB.

For South Korea's 50 million population, 34% of the population have blood type A, 28% for blood type O, 27% for type B and 11% for type AB.


Part 7: Well, where do they hail from?

 

26

96% of our K-Pop idols are from South Korea.

 

While K-Pop has spread successfully to almost every corner of the world with a strong international fan base, K-Pop idols are predominantly South Koreans at about 96%.

 

 

27

Most of the international K-Pop idols are from Japan, China and USA.

 

2.1% of the K-Pop idols are from China, followed by 1.9% from Japan and 0.7% from USA. NCT and Varsity have quite a number of Chinese members at 7 and 5 respectively, while Treasure13/Magnum has a good number of Japanese members.

 

 

28

Where the remaining 1% are from

 

The remaining 1% of our K-Pop idols hail  from Thailand, Taiwan, Indonesia, Philippines and India.

 


 

END OF REPORT

Yes, that sums up our 28 bite-sized findings from breaking down the stats of 1,903 K-Pop idols for the year of 2020.

Hope you like our 2020 edition!

 


  Read again from the Start of the Report

Or visit our pre-ranked lists on these topics:

Heights - male idols, female idols

Weights - male idols, female idols

Age & Birthdays - male idols, female idols

Blood Type - male idols, female idols

Affiliations agenciesmost female idolsmost male idols

Zodiacs - Aquarius, Aries, Cancer, Capricorn, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Pisces, Sagittarius, Scorpio, Taurus, Virgo

Birth Months - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December


  Attributions

No attribution sources specified.
...

Disclaimer :Please be advised that RList does not endorse nor guarantee the completeness, accuracy, reliability or validity of any information published by our member curators herein. For more details, please refer to our Website Terms of Use.

  Related Lists