Top Countries with the Most Subway Restaurants in the World (QSR - Quick Service Restaurants)
How many Subway outlets are there in the world?
There are about 45,000 Subway outlets worldwide in more than 100 countries, with more than half (25,785) being located in the United States. Check out the dataset of Subway outlets by countries below.
Dataset Rank & segment full dataset here
Subway is an American privately held fast food restaurant franchise that primarily sells submarine sandwiches and salads. A submarine sandwich is the name given in the United States to a type of sandwich that consists of a length of bread or roll split crosswise and filled with a variety of meats, cheeses, vegetables, and condiments.
OUTLETS BY THE NUMBERS
Subway started as Pete's Super Submarines in Bridgeport, CT, in 1965 and since then, has transformed into one of the fastest-growing franchises in the world. According to BrandZ in 2019, Subway is the world's fourth most valuable quick-service restaurant brand with a brand value of $17.12 billion.
Subway has approximately 45,000 stores located in more than 100 countries as of June 2017. More than half of the stores are located in the United States., while Canada has 3,240 stores at second and United Kingdom has 2,380 stores at third. It is the largest single-brand restaurant chain, and the largest restaurant operator, in the world.
Click on these brands below to find out numerical breakdowns (by region and by country) of the number of outlets for each F&B (food and beverage) brand below:
- McDonalds and its 37,241 worldwide outlets.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) and its 20,952 outlets
- Starbucks and its 27,654 outlets
- Subway and its 45,000 stores
- Carl's Jr and its 3,664 restaurants
- Largest fast food chains in the World
- Largest fast food chains that originate from Asia
- Largest fast food chains that originate from Europe
- Most Valuable Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) Brands