Top Countries with the Most Carl's Junior Restaurants (QSR - Quick Service Restaurants)
How many Carl's Jr restaurants are there in the world? There are about 3,664 Carl's Jr restaurants and about 1,540 (42%) are located in United States.
Dataset Rank & segment full dataset here
Carl's Jr was first founded as a hot-dog cart in Los Angeles by Carl Karcher and his wife Margaret in 1941. In 1945, the Karchers moved to Anaheim, California, and opened their first full-service restaurant, Carl's Drive-In Barbecue.
TAKING OFF ACROSS AMERICA
Carl then opened two more restaurants in Anaheim and Brea in 1956, calling them Carl's Jr restaurants, as they were smaller versions of the original Carl's Drive-In Barbecue. Since then, Carl's Jr has taken off and now has 3,664 franchised or company-operated restaurants across 44 states and 38 foreign countries and U.S. territories. (source: http://maps.carlsjr.com/stores/international )
Compare the top two foreign countries with Carl's Jr - Mexico and Russia.
Click on these brands below to find out numerical breakdowns (by region and by country) of the number of outlets for each F&B (food and beverage) brand below:
- McDonalds and its 37,241 worldwide outlets.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) and its 20,952 outlets
- Starbucks and its 27,654 outlets
- Subway and its 45,000 stores
- Carl's Jr and its 3,664 restaurants
- Largest fast food chains in the World
- Largest fast food chains that originate from Asia
- Largest fast food chains that originate from Europe
- Most Valuable Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) Brands