2018 Top 50 Countries - Smartphone Users By Countries
Dataset contains 50 data items (see table below).
The top 50 countries by smartphone users have a combined total of 2.7 billion smartphone users or 42.33% of their combined population.
The world's top 3 countries by smartphone users are :
- China - 782 million users (55.3% of population)
- India - 374 million users (27.7% of population)
- United States - 251 million users (77% of population)
Compare the two top countries with most smartphone users - China and India
Compare the smartphone user base and populations of India and United States
This data is derived from Newzoo's 2018 study of the top 50 countries/markets by smartphone users and penetration (refer to URL below). According to Newzoo, a smartphone user is defined as anyone using a smartphone at least once a month. These numbers come from Newzoo's annual Global Mobile Market Report and are derived based on considerations of a country's economic progression, demography, online population and inequality.
Dataset Rank & segment full dataset here
Video introduction of NewZoo 's global mobile market research for 2019
View our breakdown of countries with the most smartphone users by region below:
- Asia's 15 countries with at least 10 million smartphone users
- Europe's 13 countries with at least 10 million smartphone users
- Africa's 10 countries with at least 7 million smartphone users
- South America's 6 countries with at least 8 million smartphone users
- Worldwide: Top 50 countries by smartphone users.