2018 Asia: Countries with at least 10 Million Smartphone Users
Dataset contains 15 data items (see table below).
The top three Asian countries with the most smartphone users are also the most populous countries in Asia
The top 50 countries by smartphone users have a combined total of 2.7 billion smartphone users or 42.33% of their combined population. Asia's top 3 countries by smartphone users are :
- China - 782 million users (55.3% of population)
- India - 374 million users (27.7% of population)
- Indonesia - 73.1 million users (27.4% of population)
Compare Asia's top two nations with most smartphone users - China and India
Compare smartphone user base and populations of India with Indonesia
This data is derived from Newzoo's 2018 study of the top 50 countries/markets by smartphone users and penetration (refer to URL below). According to Newzoo, a smartphone user is defined as anyone using a smartphone at least once a month. These numbers come from Newzoo's annual Global Mobile Market Report and are derived based on considerations of a country's economic progression, demography, online population and inequality.
Dataset Rank & segment full dataset here
Video introduction of the NewZoo 's global mobile market research in 2019
View our breakdown of countries with the most smartphone users by region below:
- Asia's 15 countries with at least 10 million smartphone users
- Europe's 13 countries with at least 10 million smartphone users
- Africa's 10 countries with at least 7 million smartphone users
- South America's 6 countries with at least 8 million smartphone users
- Worldwide: Top 50 countries by smartphone users.