Located at Put-in-Bay, South Bass Island in Lake Erie, Perry Memorial Monument or Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial served as an un-official lighthouse for boats on Lake Erie. Standing at 352 feet (107 meters), the granite monument was built in 1913 to commemorate the 100th year anniversary of the naval victory of Commodore Oliver Hazard
Perry over the British in the Battle of Lake Erie of the War of 1812.
The Perry Memorial Monument is the second tallest lighthouse in the world and the tallest in North America. Its observation deck is open to visitors with a small admission fee.